The Dartmouth Historical Association was formed in 1993 with a membership dedicated to the promotion and preservation of Dartmouth
history and heritage. The Association holds five dinner meetings a year, three with guest speakers.
- Publication of books on local historical themes
- $1,000 scholarship is awarded annually to a Dartmouth high school student
- The Association conducts a service of remembrance each year for the victims of the Halifax Harbour Explosion
- Provides speakers to school classes and community organizations
- Places plaques in public buildings that have been named for past members of the community
Joe Howe Fellowship Awards are presented to individuals and groups who have made an outstanding contribution to heritage, culture, and community service.
For more information contact:
Harry Chapman – 902-469-2018